1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1.Yes. You can feel them growing and shrinking.
2. No, because they are in charge of getting the right amount of light in your eyes. So you cant stop them from that.
3. We Call it Blink Reflex. We had since companion question on it.
4. They get bigger in the dark because they need to open up to get enough light so you can see. And they shrink in the light because you don't need that much light so they shrunken, therefore your eyes won't get too much light. Too much light can cause to permanent eye damage or blindness.
5. It protects us from to much light. Too much light can cause to permanent eye damage or blindness. It is helpful for them to grow in the light because then we can see better and now we won't bump into people or get injured.
| || |