- These are notes from Mrs. Gruener.
- She is a guidance counselor.
- She wrote a book called "What's Under Your Cape"?.
- She's been a guidance counselor for 20 years.
- Her goal was to be a Spanish teacher or a English teacher and the students would come to her for problems and she would tell them to go to their counselor and then she had a feeling to help.
- As you mentor your going to need to understand which is call empathy which is the number one thing.
- You will also need to be calm and patience.
- You need to go fast to go slow.
- Let the butterfly struggle to understand or grow. Which means try to let them struggle to get it.
- You have to be kind.
- Pet therapy can be a good way for unconditional love.
- You can do the icebreakers trick so you can talk about what you guys like and see if you can bond on one.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Try to begin with the end in mind.
- Hope is really needed.
1. My family, friends, teachers, and my pets. But my mom and dad is always there for me and understand how I feel and my teacher is always pushing me to be better but yet be cool and also teach us life lessons too. And my pets give me so much love and they make me smile. And my friends because they always make me laugh and they're super nice.
2. I am my classmates superhero because we are always trying to help each other too. And the kids that I am babysitting and my family whenever there sick or not good I would like to help them.
3. My superpower is to make them laugh and smile. I do this trick is to make them feel comfortable but then it will make me feel comfortable too and that way we can have a conversation and start off good.
4. I use that superpower for good when people are feeling down are really shy or bored. Then I try to make them laugh or smile.
5. My kryptonite is that worrying and anxiety mostly for school.I would really start to freak out and get confused and angry and sometimes even cry.
6. The way that I am going to ensure is that I will hope that they will be okay like to study them and see mood swings to see if they've changed and become happier or sadder and try to become their friend. And just to take it slow week after week till it's over.