- The journey to get their is very hard with all the debris floating inbetween mars and earth
- It is 250 miles away which takes 2 and half days to get there
- Mars is only a third the size of earth and one volcano is the size of Missori
- The tallest mountain on Mars is three times as big as Mount Everest
- Gravity on Mars is less then half of Earth's
- A year on Mars is twice as long as one on earth
- All the water is stored on the Polar ice caps
- The Earth passes Mars every 26 months
- Once there was a space rock from Mars that landed on Earth with Minerals inside it made out of water and also inside there were bacterial like creatures
- Photos from robots showed ancient artifacts from lost civilizations and river channels that showed that Mars used to be warmer
- The Astronuat would use a rocket to launch themselves into space and then burn off there fuel while they lost communcation with mission control and then they would coast towards Mars
- The astronauts would not take very much water and food because they would live of the land
- The atsronauts would make a base and put a 200 square foot space to grow plants and to store and recycle.
- The disease and bacteria could effect the plants and become unhealthy
- Atsronuats would have to exercise a lot to stay in shape so they can do their work
| || |
1. NASA is going to go to mars to have proof of alien life, find minerals, and see if humans can settle in there. Also NASA is planning to do this in the 21st Century when the Earth passes buy the red planet to make it a shorter trip. Before they do that they will send robots first to find good evidence.
2. The trip will take 2 and half days because it is 250 miles away. Also in space days are shorter so 2 and half days is reasonable. Although if they do it when Earth passes Mars the pull of Mars' gravity will make it a six month trip.
3. They would not need to bring food and water because they would live of the land so they would need water pouches and food storages. They would bring seeds for plants and a machine to turn urine into water that is drinkable.
4. The Debris inbetween mars and earth could cause a space ship to crash and once you get to mars you would have to stay on the ground because of the gravity. Also once you get there there is a risk of disease or bacteria that would make the plants unhealthy and it could be fatal.
5. Weighted boots, Food growing machine, 3-D printer, water jugs, an astronaut suit, camera, climbing gear, picaxe, and a gun. I would bring these things so I could survive and protect my self.