| || |
1. It got very liquidy because the enzymes broke down the jello so all the solid jello got broken down and made liquid jello. The jello went through a hole in the coffee filter.
2. Yes because meat tenderer has enzymes in it and enzymes break down gelatin and protein. Also the jello had gelatin in it so the enzymes broke it down.
3. The one difference was that cup 1 got very liquidy unlike cup 2. Cup 2 didn't change at all and the jello stayed a little solid.
4. The coffee filter acted like the blood stream because it absorbed the nutrients into it. That is what the capillaries do that soround the small intestine.
5. If you didn't digest you would never be able to move because your muscles and cells aren't getting the nutrients they need. That nutrients comes from the small intestine absorbing them out of the food paste.
6. The mouth uses mechanical and chemical digestion to break down the food and make it into bolus, the esohagus and stomach use mechanical digestion, and the intestines use chemical digestion. The model demonstrated chemical digestion.
7. If you didn't digest you would be hungry and wouldn't have any energy. This is because your cells don't get the nutrients they need form you digesting.