1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1. No I can't. Honestly I don't even know when it happens. The only time I ever feel it is when I go to the eye doctor.
2. No it just happens. When it gets dark in the room your pupil grows and when the light gets turned on it shrinks.
3. All reflexes are without our control. So its called a reflex when we don't control it.
4. They get bigger in the dark so we can get enough light. They get smaller so the light doesn't burn our rods.