1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1.You can sort of feel it because when the paper ball is thrown you kid of flinch and you can feel your self flinch.
2. No you don't because we either fight or flee and one of your reflexes is flinching which goes with fleeing. We don't have control over them every one is born with these instincts fight or flee.
3. We call it instincts.
4. They do that because you have enough light to see so and it does not need too much light so the make the hole in our eye smaller so not that much light can get in.
5. Lets say some one has something in there hand and they throw it at you and it is going for your eye and you close your eyes because of your reflexes so the thing does not hit your eye and it protects you from a harmful injury.