· It’s skin is dry yet sticky that it gets on my hands.
· My stem is loose and wobbly
· Its color is yellowish with a few spots of brown
· It smells like a sweet smell with a hint of pencil shavings
· Its skin is thick that even when I rub my nails on it up and down It does not brake
· When I put my nail in it juice squeezes out
· When I very lightly poke my apple with a toothpick it goes all the way through
· When I rub my toothpick on the apple juice splatters
· I can scrape all the oxidizing of the apple with a toothpick.
· I look where the seeds were and I see white lines
· Well digging to see inside the apple my toothpick broke from digging
· When sticking a toothpick through the back of my apple red foamy juice comes out
· When I poked a hole through my apple later there was a small bubble over the whole
· When I picked through the core of the apple small brown roots showed up.
· When I picked at my apple at made a big hole I saw a more white with a bit of green inside.
| || |
1. When you look at an apple you think it is just something you eat. Though there is more to an apple than that. When you actually have time to dig deep and look into an apple you can notice many things you don't just notice normally. When I looked at my apple I was amazed at what I could find. For instance there were little white stripes in the center were the seeds were. I f I was just eating an apple I would not have noticed that. That is how far an apple can take you if you just look deep enough.
2. Science is one of the biggest things you need description for. If you were dissecting a frog or an owl pellet or even cow, there would need to be description. Just plain out if you don't have description you didn't do something right in your project. There are many little things you will discover by dissecting those things so if you don't have about a half of a page or a full page of description you haven't looked deep enough.
3. I used three main senses. One was smell. I used smell to tell if this apple was more of a sour or more of a sweet apple. I also used the sense felt. I used it to feel if the apple was sticky, or smooth, or even both. The last one I used was sight. Just by looking closer into an apple you can see small things like juice coming out of an apple when you poke through it, or seeing if your apple has lots of oxidizing( the brown stuff on an apple) or not.