I hope you have a moment to explore and check out all the resources that are available on our website! Here are a few suggestions I have to start with!
- Find our Daily Photo Journal under "Parents" and click on "2016-2017 Daily Photo Journal." It is here that we will post photos and videos EVERY DAY of our lessons and experiences! (It might take a week or two to get settled in, as it is done completely by the students!)
- Find your child's ePortfolio. It is located under "Student ePortfolios" and "2016-2017 ePortfolios." Wait until your child's first name rolls out and then click on it. It is alphabetical by last name. On a side note, the "Blog Assignments" page has EVERY blog assignment that has been given to your child, so if you don't mind checking it to see if they are keeping up, I would really appreciate the support! :) Please comment on your child's blog posts (and encourage other family & friends to do the same)! These interactions are really important for solidifying the school-home partnership! Thanks!
- Check out the homework your child has by finding the "Calendar" tab under "Parents." This tab opens a Google Calendar with all of our homework on it. You will need to scroll back a few days to see the past assignments, but they should all be there! Again, students run this, so expect some errors and omissions!
- Glance at our schedule for the week by clicking on "Our Weekly Schedule" under "Parents." There you can find the lessons we are learning, and you can also see which days we have Homework Club and which days I have meetings. This schedule is VERY tentative, so please understand that it changes from day to day!
- My students last year took some time to answer some commonly asked questions about our classroom. These are located under "Educators" on the "FAQ about our classroom" link. They are pretty interesting if you're wondering how our classroom differs from more traditional classrooms! More interesting student blog posts about our classroom can be found under "Past," "Student Led Classroom Blogs."
- Under the "Present" tab are all of the units that we are currently working on or will be working on soon. Feel free to click on any of the units to see the lessons we're learning - most units start at the bottom (Lesson 1) and end at the top (final lesson).
That's a lot to take in. If you do just one of these things, I'll be impressed! Either way, thank you for entrusting me with your child this year, and I honestly hope that you will enjoy our partnership this year! I look forward to working with your child! :)
Subscribe to this blog to get email updates whenever I publish a new post! Directions are on the bar at the right...