- was a letter from colonists meaning they are breaaking free
- “No taxation without represantation”
- Continental congress in 1774 for a few weeks in phila
- Before war
- wanted to respond to intolerable act
- they were boycoting
- 9 months later, 2nd continental congress
- meeting of deligates, same place
- summer of ‘75
- might have been a plan for war
- George w. lead the Usa in war
- John Adams, Ben Franklin, George Washington
- The 3 jobs for the war was to organize the colonies, leader of army, and to decide to declorate .
- Washington leader of army
- 56 people at the continental congress
- Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, John Adams, Sam Adams
- no more than 6 and no less than 2 people from each colony
- Massachusetts wanted freedom mostly
- Virginia was most important
- 10 “Boston tea parties’’
- once people heard gun, others started firing
- New York had most loyalists and patriots
- France and Spain supported USA
- Sons of liberty got famous for tar and feathering
- Europe didn’t know about congress
- Stamp act was one of the worst
- no age limit in fighting
1. What did we decide during the 2nd Continental Congress?
2. What is one thing that you think everyone should know about the 2nd Continental Congress?
3. Why should more teachers try to connect with other classrooms when learning things like history?
1.They decided that they wanted to have independence so they had a war. Also, Massachusetts wanted it most.
2.That there was 56 representatives there and there was an average of 4 people from each colony.
3.It's just better to listen to people and you don't have to read from a textbook and it's fun!