1. Some of the patterns that I noticed are all of the shadows are the same shape and it went long short long so it was never the same size.
2. The patters were caused by the Earth's rotation because when the Earth spins the sun appears in different places in the sky so the battery blocked the sun in different places so all the shadows aren't in the same place.
3. The longer shadows appeared when the sun was lower in the sky because the battery blocked more of the sun. So then the shadow would be longer.
4.The shorter shadows accord when the sun was higher because then the battery would block less of the sun. So the shadow would be shorter.
5. I thought it was challenging to draw the shadow because when I was writing my hand was in the way and the shadow of my hand was over the shadow of the battery so I couldn't see the shadow anymore and it was hard to draw.
6. I think that I learned that shadows before noon is longer than shadows after noon because my shadow before noon at 9:30 AM was longer than my shadow after noon which was at 2:30 PM and they are both 2 and a half hours away from noon.
How can the sun tell you the season?
3. Styrofoam and toothpicks because I think it is easiest do explain and I think it kind of shows people better.
4. Models are helpful because you can show people instead of just telling people and with showing it is easier for the people to understand what you are trying to explain.
5. I think that the reason that the Moon doesn't fall towards Earth is because the moon is in the Earths orbit and it just stays circling the Earth because the Earth weighs way more than the moon.So it has a better center of gravity.
6. Birds don't just fall because they weigh so little and there wings allow them to glide and they weigh so little that there wings pushing down is enough to keep them in the air.. Planes stay in the air because they have a motor that pushes air out and makes them fly.
7.I think that some forces do cancel out gravity. I think that one thing that does cancel out gravity is helium. I know this because when you put helium in a balloon it floats up. I think it floats up because helium is lighter than air.
8. Learning about gravity is a good time to talk about craters because craters are from asteroids and asteroids fall to the ground because of gravity.