- The law they didn’t really care about was the Quebec act because
- They sometimes disagreed on different taxes
- Sons of Liberty leader was Samuel Adams
- Became very annoyed when small things were taxed
- Mixed opinions of going to war
- Some of the people in the colonies felt scared to go to war and then felt more in power
- Wanted a say in taxes
- Some people at 2nd continental were actually loyalists
- Best thing about separating from Great britain was no taxes and not having soldiers policing them
- They were pretty upset about the Boston Massacre
I'm glad I got to talk to the people at The 2nd Continental Congress because they answered so many of my questions! I learned they didn't really care or pay attention to the Quebec Act because they weren't in Quebec, Canada so, I learned it didn't have much effect on them. I also found out that they disagreed on different taxes. Like some taxes bothered some people and others bothered other people. What I also found very cool was some of the people at The 2nd Continental Congress were actually Loyalists! People who obeyed King George the third, were actually there to sign the Declaration of Independence which was to free from Great Britain!
The thing they were most glad about from separating from Great Britain was no taxes. The 13 colonies at first were scared to go to war with Great Britain then felt more in power.