Drag in a slide show or at least a photo of your lab. These pictures should help show what we are experimenting on and how we did each of the steps.
Read Chapter 4 in your SRB: Heat Energy and Temperature - What's the Difference? (You have to be signed into Prime to view it.)
Answer the following reflection/synthesis questions when you are done with the lab:
- What happened to the temperature of the cold water over time? What about the warm water?
- What happened on the graph to show what happened with the water temperatures?
- What did you notice happened at the end of the experiment?
- How did the cold water get warmer? How did the warm water get colder?
- Did the water go through the red Solo cup? How do you know?
- Which direction did the heat energy move?