- Visit this website: http://access.sd25.org/curriculum/reenactment/
- Read through the biographies and find at least two reenactors who you look forward to meeting later today.
- Write about why you look forward to meeting these reenactors on a blog entry called, "Historical Reenactment Preparation."
- Grab at least one picture of each reenactor off of the website above to put onto this blog entry.
- Spend the rest of the time reading through the other links and getting an idea of the time period and what life was like back then.
While you are are the Historical Reenactment, please keep the following in mind:
- Please stay focused and attentive. Use your iPads to take pictures of the reenactors and our classmates listening and learning at each station. In your Notes Spirals, write down each actor's name and occupation so you can write about them on your blogs when we return to class. Take turns writing notes and taking pictures.
- Be curious and ask the actors questions when it seems appropriate to do so, and be sure to answer questions that are posed to you.
- You will hear a signal at the end of each station, but don't go anywhere until the reenactor says goodbye! It's rude to leave while someone is talking, even if it is time to do so.
- When you are ready to leave, look the speaker in the eyes and thank them. It's important to show appreciation for those who volunteer their time to help us learn.