1. The gelatin got a lot more liquified and also changed color. The meat tenderizer made it become super watery and also changed the color from red to orange. It started to go through the filter more and into the bottom of the cup.
2. The powder did change the gelatin. I know it did because the gelatin in Cup 2 did not change, but the gelatin in the cup with the enzyme powder changed.
3. In Cup 1, the gelatin became much more liquified than before. There was not a change to the gelatin in Cup 2. It stayed the same as before.
4. The coffee filter represented the bloodstream. When the enzyme powder was added, the coffee filter absorbed the nutrients and deposited them into the cup, or the body. They reached the bloodstream in Cup 1.
5. I think it is important because without digestion, our body wouldn't be able to get nutrients. Our body would not work right because it wouldn't get any nutrients to keep it healthy.
6. Food is digested through mechanical and chemical digestion. The model demonstrated chemical digestion, because the powder broke down the gelatin without any mechanical movements.
7. I think that you would feel sick. I think you would be hungry because the food you ate wouldn't give the nutrients your body needs because they hadn't been digested. You would not have lots of energy because your body only gets nutrients when food is digested. I don't think you would do well in a sports competition because you wouldn't have enough energy from the food.