5 types of wood Actual order:
I think plastic will slide first. Aluminum will slide second. Copper will slide third. Bamboo fourth. and I think brass will slide fifth.
1. Copper 2 Seconds
2. Aluminum 7 Seconds
3. Brass 85 Seconds
4. Plastic 2,640 Seconds
5. Bamboo DNF
| || |
1. It transfers because butter can melt by heat. The heat goes through it and it melts.
2. They were both the same because they involved heat and data collection. The first on involved hot water and the one today involved Heat conductors.
3. My Predictions were way off. I had Plastic as 1st and it was 4th!
4. Copper And Aluminum because they slid down the fastest. For copper especially it went down right when Mr. Solarz stood it up.
5. Plastic and bamboo because they were the last ones to slide down. Bamboo took so long we just had to take it away because it never went down.
6. Water is an ok conductor of heat because if your comparing it to air its a good conductor. But if your comparing it to metal its a bad conductor.
7. Yes it does matter which material is a good or bad conductor because if you use the wrong thing and it is a bad conductor instead of good it could mess up the experiment. We use conductors in our lives for cooking because we need conductors of heat to make are food hot and poor conductors to make food like sandwiches cold.