1. Can you feel it when your pupils dilate?
2. Do you have any control over your pupils when they dilate?
3. What do we call this when a reflex happens without our control?
4. Why do our pupils get bigger in the dark and smaller in the light?
5. How does this reflex protect our eyes?
1. No I couldn't feel my eyes dilate. But I could feel myself squishing.
2. No you don't because the light will change. So then automatically it will change too and you won't have control over it light on or off.
3. This reflex is called blink reflex. I think that's what it was called.
4. Your pupils get bigger in the dark because your pupils are trying to let the light in so you can then see. And in the light it gets smaller because your pupils are trying to get used to the light because it's trying to get used to the light. And it get's smaller because it's trying to protect our eyes by trying to get smaller to protect it.
5. It protect our eyes from certain flying objects our dust. So things won't get in our eyes.